Monday, January 25, 2010

Daily Thanks - Day 36 - Showers



Every day we have something to be thankful for. Today I am thankful for showers.

Taking a shower is one activity that is clearly unmatched. I sometimes feel that I absolutely live for these glorious geysers of rejuvenation. Every time you bless your body with a shower it is like a new beginning. A clean slate. It doesn't matter what happened beforehand for a shower is total reaffirmation.

I remember as a child I would sometimes complain about having to take a shower. I can't, for the life of me, remember why. I think it is very interesting that kids tend to complain about having to shower, eat and go to sleep, but as adults these become our favorite activities. "It's like raaayyyeeeaaaiiin on your wedding day!" Reference gotten? good. No matter how bad things get we will always have showers to wash our worries away like an angelic avalanche surging from our own personal portal, and for this we shall rejoice.

Some situations that can lead you to take a shower may include: playing flag football, committing a bloody murder, having sex, continuing having sex, losing an egg toss, procrastinating, simply wanting to warm up, using a gas station bathroom, watching 2 girls 1 cup, looking for a place to cry in a gripping drama on the Lifetime channel, getting beaned by a giant ball of oil la la la, etc.

What is it about warm falling water that soothes us like a puppy at its mothers nipple? Sometimes I actually laugh in psychotic happiness when I get in the shower. It's just so good..... I don't understand how someone can go a day without showering. That does not compute with me. I need at least 1 shower a day to function. There is a magical power that comes from a shower, and I'm drawn to it like a bee to a flower. I'd like to take one every hour. Oh shower.... my dear shower.

So let's all take a moment and say "Today I am thankful for showers". Unless you are somewhat of a dirty hippie and like to avoid showering in which case you must say "I may not take showers..... but I uhh..... I fuckin...... ummm...haha.... what?"

Thanks for listening. Check back for more things to be thankful for in days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment