Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Daily Thanks - Day 10 - Life Raft



Every day we have something to be thankful for. Today I am thankful that I am not stranded on a life raft in the middle of the ocean.

Sometimes we forget how much of a blessing it can be to just be able to sit in front of our computer with a cup of coffee soaking in some good ol' cathode rays. That is until we have found ourself stranded on a life raft in the middle of the ocean. All of a sudden having to floss doesn't seem like much of a chore anymore. You'd just be sitting there, sharks circling, thinking to yourself "I can't believe I thought the day that I lost my job was going to be the worst day of my life. I did not think that a year later I would be considering eating my own thumb."

Some situations that could cause you to become stranded on a life raft in the middle of the ocean include: plane crash, boat crash, escaping from an island with your pet volleyball, searching for treasure, playing hide and seek, a highly elaborate prank gone wrong, trying to "find" yourself, trying to impress a girl, hoping for headlines, testing your new GPS, enjoying a chilly night on "the largest passenger steamship in the world" in 1912, etc.

Of course it wouldn't really be all that bad. If you managed to get stranded with some sexy company and just happened to have a bag full of scotch and donuts... you could find yourself having a pretty sweet maritime marathon of magical love making. Sign me up! Of course we all know that every time you mix scotch and donuts a leprechaun loses it's ability to feel love. But hey, if you can live with it......

So let's all take a moment and say "Today I am thankful that I am not stranded on a life raft in the middle of the ocean." Unless at the time you ARE stranded on a life raft in the middle of the ocean in which case you must say "How crazy of a coincidence is it that Jamie decided to write about this today! wait a mother flippin second.... he's the bomber!"

Thanks for listening. Check back for more things to be thankful for in days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment