Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Daily Thanks - Day 9 - Tainted Eye



Every day we have something to be thankful for. Today i am thankful that I don't have something in my eye.

They say that eyes are the window into the soul, and there is nothing worse than when that window becomes tainted by an unwanted intruder. I've had some smashing good times come to an abrupt and unceremonious cessation due to this unfortunate happening, but today I can say that "Hey, it may be Monday, but I've got 2 functional and undisturbed eyeballs and that's enough to keep me afloat."

Some situations that can cause you to get something in your eye include: wandering eyelashes, racing go-karts, drilling wood, looking up at a ceiling fan while something comes into contact with it, bombing hills on rollerblades, running through a meadow, letting someone "finish" on your face, catching a dirty football, diving through plate glass windows, getting tortured, etc.

Things can happen, and before you know it some seemingly innocent sticks and stones have damaged your rods and cones. But today, we should make it a point to feel appreciative for our fully operative optics.

So let's all take a moment and say "Today I am thankful that I don't have something in my eye." Unless at the moment you DO have something in your eye in which case you must say "Whatever, I'm just gonna get an eyepatch. can you say badass? Who's laughing now? HAHAHAHA.... I'm miserable."

Thanks for listening. Check back for more things to be thankful for in days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment